Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back to Civilization

Well I have returned from another trip to Afghanistan. So far I have come up with a training plan which could occupy our time at Martin's Station or possibly a weekend before; recleaned my fowler; and prepared my kit to be rifled thru and sorted and such.

Bledsoe's Colonial Faire is the weekend of 4 May. Martin's Station is the following weekend. The Captain has asked that I come up with some ideas for future colonial activities and I have about 5 sites right now that I want to look at and then throw out there as we look to 2013 full of ranging. Of course many of you will be heavily involved with the CW 150th events but hopefully I can find some close in opportunities for you to wear your latest loin clothes you've purchased.

As you know Mansker's Station is trying out a new schedule this year and the new management doesn't seem to enthusiastic about getting us to come and play. That's ok too. I have been talking to the head of the Board of Directors (a friend of mine) at Rock Castle and he has already voiced his interest in us attending Daniel Smith Days at Rock Castle September 15/16.

I will hopefully post something more interesting in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment