Saturday, July 3, 2010

4 July celebration at Manskers


Today the Sevier boys attended festivities at Manskers Station to celebrate our Nation's birthday. It was a long week's march from our station but worth the trip. The Captain and Sergeant Mund gave us a quick drill to ensure our smoke poles would still spark and we were able to fire a few loads.


We had the opportunity to discuss personas with a few who have been ranging a little longer than we have. We were given some good advice. We listened to speeches, some better than others, and ate BBQ. I apologize for the lack of pictures but I couldn't find my camera and I only got one pic with my phone.


As some of you know, I am pursuing a Masters Degree in Colonial American Military History. I am going to attempt to put together a paper on what the southern colonial ranger would have looked like to include equipment. Notice I put "southern" as I figure it is quite easy for us to research Roger's, Butler's, or Gorham's Rangers. Now I am no expert and never will be, but you can piece together what you may have heard today and what I will write, some stuff will match, and build YOUR persona from there. Personally I'd say we've gotten off to a great start...and we can transform to cover more than one group or area of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment